There are players on play.neme.gg

1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running for a limited time!

Get up to 75% off at store.neme.gg!

What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'OP Factions Discussion' started by cooldemigod, Jun 30, 2019.

1. cooldemigod

cooldemigod
    Experienced

Starting this thread to hopefully help devs and staff determine what the community wants to see for factions in the future. (This thread is suppossed to be serious and peaceful so lets not argue please)

2. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

The return of raid events, armor breaking focused PvP (real gapple) I won't dump more ideas everyone's already heard. Think 2016/2017 factions. If you really want to pull our nostalgia strings bring back the villagers you would trade emeralds to for special items.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PerchedPelican_

PerchedPelican_
    Experienced

Allow glitches to get into bases

• Like Like x 1
  4. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Admin ISAAC BART ELI SAM

5. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

Bruh we don’t want a mod to add it to the endless lists of stuff in there already, there’s no need to link it, we know it’s there and it’s here for discussion
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2019 ---
    Remove or harshly nerf gen buckets (not through pricing) and use the aids Frankenstein spigot from last map to have 420s work but nothing else to break through the few walls people would have

Remove peoples op armour kits so op armour is single time purchase only, it broke pvp, have punch bows not go above 2. Make op armour cheap so it’s abundant but make its quantity unchangeable in checkout like with pvs to slow down purchase rates, like pvs you don’t want rich kids to have hundreds. Personally I see unlimited pvs as fine, it’s opfactions and spawners are for bases, gear isnt

Have BM 2 gear ONLY JUST worse than OP to make it a welcome help but not necessary

Add a choice of an excal/mj to sapphire’s /rankredeem or sapphireextras, replacing whatever garbage was in there before.
    Keep CF and throw in every CE you can, OP as shit

Give old players (I’m evidently a shit choice) staff ranks or helper to have a community in place for when it comes back up and has an active staff base from launch and won’t rely on server specific mods checking factions like it was for years. My dream is to have an ss team for the pvp based servers (@NobleProductions c: ) to investigate cheaters and keep it clean, as factions was hvh.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  6. Talcs

Talcs
    Legend

If you don’t want to have it be added to a suggestion list, your best shot is to become an insight or talk with the insight members. Your second thing about staff, that would be a good roll for an insight member but just about any other factions player probably wouldn’t fit the standards needed as staff.

7. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

I’m not getting insight or any form of staff but I also don’t want it to be lost anoungst thousands of useless requests in feature requests, so it’s in the factions sub forum. I disagree that all factions players don’t fit the bill for a staff member too.

8. cooldemigod

cooldemigod
    Experienced

I don't think what Hen was saying is just to give any player staff, I think what he is saying that there is never staff that plays besides Turkey and Gavin. Giving suggestions to insights kinda defeats the purpose for this thread. I imagined this thread as a way to let the community bounce ideas off of each other. Let's be honest Factions is basically the black sheep of neme. Barely any staff plays. And that's where the problem starts. There have been multiple times on factions when I have needed a staff members help and they didn't do anything, not because they didn't care, but because they just didn't know about factions. That's why I've said for a while staff should be required to play atleast a little on all servers. 90% of staff play on Survival and Skyblock and that's great, I'm not trying to tell them how they need to play but when staff doesn't know how to help you or have to ask other staff members what to do, it gets tiresome just makes people stop asking any staff members for help, instead they just discord specific ones. And it gets really annoying not just for the players but for staff, I've seen chats and been in conversations and I could tell staff members were getting annoyed by being constantly bugged about it. Anyways that rants over

@Henaliest I really don't think CE's are a good thing anymore, I think a few are fine and are needed but not having CE's available just because they can be. It got to a point a couple seasons ago where I just quit pvping when I had a chance just because of the vast amount of CE's, it just wasn't fun anymore. I agree with your stance on not making pvp totally P2W. There are no OP armor kits besides winter and summer and on turns of that if they are still included next season make it the best armor in the game but make it so the players can only redeem it like once or twice the season it would make people think before pvp. Also allowing players who don't have the money for the store the ability to obtain good armor/weapons/supplies. Is a must and make it easier. The only major way is by envoys but that turns into a Catch-22 of sorts where players get good items but they need good items to go to envoy but the only way to get good items is through envoy, etc, etc. I think that outposts should give more than just money, give sponges, redeem tokens, etc. make an achievements thing like skyblock and survival have where average players can get access to good items. Like killing your first person in pvp, creating/joining your first faction, placing 100 blocks of obsidian, etc. Now going back from what Hen said I don't agree with the ability to add MJs or excals to ranks, I don't think they should even be in the store. I think that should just be an envoy thing to make them rarer and to make the playerbase actually more active. I also think that pv's shouldn't be unlimited, players should be made to choose what they deem important. There have been times when factions keep hundreds of spawners in their pvs so when they get raided they can quickly set up again, and having all your gear in a pvp is too big an advantage. Raiding is supposed to make a player need to start over in a sense and it gives the players raiding them good things, but when those things are only half of the gamemode, sometimes it isn't worth the time and money put into the raid. It will also give normal players the ability to earn gear through hard work.

This is just a side note but also making the ability for the average player to fly in their own claims is a must just if another player who isn't in your faction or is truce/allied with you is within 200 meters disable the flight. It will let normal players make cannons/walls easier and would just help in the long run. But keep the ability to /fly so you players can fly wherever they want.
    Factions needs to be more open for everyone being able to get ftop and be the best, not just catering to the paid donors, if anyone feels like they can be the best, it'll keep the playerbase.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

There are op armour kits, meep and others get 2 kits of it a week..

Whilst I’d love to have nice envoys and outposts, their frequent nature means that the top players, the most active, just got fed more of the best stuff. My faction was pretty rich in the map envoys were bugged and had loads of sponge in, but because we had the best gear we won all the gear, and it just feeds the rich

10. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Admin BART ELI

This is something I've tried to address recently. Several months ago, I wrote a comprehensive guide to factions that all staff have access to read, but ultimately it comes down to the individual whether or not they read it.
    I agree with a lot of this. I've played factions servers for nearly 5 years, and when a normal player spawns in with regular armor then proceeds to get immediately killed by the sharpness 100-wielding donor, 95% of the time they leave. It's the #1 reason why factions servers, ours included, struggle to grow the player base. A lot of these things are things I'll make sure are addressed when the server does re-open.

11. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

Someone that logs on and drops into warp pvp isn’t a factions player or knows anything about the gamemode. The vast majority of factions players already know factions, and anyone with a brain doesn’t drop into warp pvp with starter gear. I used to agree with your stance, but now I think that factions servers grow because of advertisement, which gets people who play factions already joining the server.

12. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

Yes! That way condemned blatant cheaters like us can be finally banned! In all seriousness this is great and if there's not enough expertise in SSing I could certainly help out/apply for staff with this reason in mind as I have some basic knowledge of cheats mostly injection clients.
    However, I disagree with your stance on custom enchants. They're rather toxic in most cases. Let's do some thinking when have custom enchants been balanced? They've either completely broken combat or been irrelevant. First time we had custom enchants people were getting one shot with Ramming 5 Gears 3
    Second time they were near unobtainable and all the enchants were extremely overpowered and overcost.
    Third time Mjolnir removed all potion effects at random so you'd get randomly quickdropped no matter what gear you had.
    Fourth time a critical bug was abused to get infinite health with a health boost enchant. Do I really need to go on?
    Factions is enough about grinding, I'd rather grind less than we already have to.
    I think given that factions is given a good bunch of active staff, 1.7 PvP and no gamebreaking bugs we should be fine and on our way to a healthy OP Factions server like we used to be. I really would like to give back to the community at some point and be staff just for the sake of the OP Factions community I love so much. I've probably been a little more than too toxic despite working on reforming though. There's a million other players who would make better fits that me. Neme could really use some staff who understand PvP and cheating on a more depth level it has always seemed to me and I really hope this can be reached so all these beautiful suggestions can't be wasted by a reset of cheaters and closer cheaters.

That wraps up my thoughts for the things said. Let's keep the ideas flowing!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 11, 2019 ---
    Oops sorry for the double post! I have one thing I'd like to add. There are plenty of ways to get new players involved that don't involve the "big fish PvP" per say. I've seen plenty of servers do it before and I was very engaged and felt a sense of accomplishment when I had made my way up with the big fish and could finally compete with the players with OP gear. P2W progression is a problem but we shouldn't take away from players who have worked to get to where they are by letting players who had just logged in have a chance at killing them. Progression should feel satisfying and donator ranks and items should only speed this up rather than throwing a wallet at your screen to progress.

TL;DR new players should never be able to kill the warp PvP mosh pit but new players should also have the chance to join these high level players.

Oh and speaking of warp PvP we should make it a small island in the sky inwhich you drop into a war zone where you can run into unclaimed territory it makes for interesting gameplay. I could elaborate or send screenshots of what I mean but it can give a player the upper hand despite not having better gear if played right.

13. cooldemigod

cooldemigod
    Experienced

I've been wanting a pvp arena where you drop in, sorta like the one on kits, this was mostly because I got annoyed with people epearling out and so. (A fix to that could be just have it where people cant through epearls until like five or so blocks out into pvp) But I'm not sure there can be an arena like that and have a warzone like it was a year or two ago, where pvp was just outside spawn. I would much prefer the pvp be just outside spawn and have the outposts there at the same time. Here is my crappy drawing of what I would imagine it would look like.

Of course to make outpost more easily accessed they should be closer to the edge of spawn where you would drop down and have specific warps for those edges.

Attached Files:

14. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

But I want to trap people :(
    Either way let's try to put objectives in warp PvP to actually entice people to go in. Some people just would rather sit in their grinder for money. PvP should have some reward too.

15. cooldemigod

cooldemigod
    Experienced

you would still be able to trap people, I just pictured it like warp pvp was in 2016/17, whenever it was, when warp pvp was just in warzone outside spawner which then let out the unclaimed

16. cooldemigod

cooldemigod
    Experienced

So this is an idea I'm stealing from death that he posted in another thread. To give regular players a better chance why not just give donors instead of huge prot values and sharp values and stuff, just give them multiple of the item.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

I get it. You all don’t like them.
    They were broken as fuck.
    That’s what made them fun. Randomly dying was enraging, but the whole broken as shit system was what made it fun, imo. How many times without ces do you get 5 people in voice to try and ram adjure together for an instakill without ces? The effects working with skull splitter instakilling made it the most fun experience of my summer, and led to some of the longest kites I’ve been on. Their fucked nature is what gave pvp that extra edge for me, that I could be fucked any second.

18. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

But the new players shouldn't have a chance, that's the point of progression. Progression shouldn't be impossible though.
    They're fun but they feed the donor shit show that's impossible to reach and are just extremely toxic. Most people don't enjoy being one shot if they're on the other end. If CEs return I think enchants like Ramming, Rage, and annoying slowness enchants shouldn't be used because they just end up being annoying or fuck up the game. I had some fun with them, not sure if it was more fun than the armor breaking. I think I'd enjoy that more but part of this resets goal I'm sure is to grow the playerbase. I think if CEs come back they might have to be different than you and I remember them.

19. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

my experience of CEs was these both - id take 7 op sets on me at warp pvp and a punch bow to kite

we dont need to have one or the other, and aids potion effects dont need to be ces

20. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

But one is detrimental to the other, I'd rather have a growing community then a bunch of fun endgame CEs tbh.