There are players on play.neme.gg

Three Years of History | 1/30/2017 -> 12/27/2019

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by TheShortPerson, Dec 27, 2019.

1. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Community Manager BART ELI

Three Years of History: Gavin [TheShortPerson]
    January 30, 2017 to December 27, 2019

Community Version
    [​IMG]

I have made the personal decision to resign my position as Administrator on NemeGaming. This decision is not one that came lightly or easily to me. The last three years on Neme for me have been a period of extreme personal growth and, simply put, a coming-of-age story. I joined this network in January 2017 when I was 14 years old, and I am now 17 years old today. Never in a million years did I think that I’d be the one to end my time as staff and likely being active around the server.

However, I’ve become increasingly busy in recent months. My real-life commitments and expectations have caught up to me. The abundant free time I had in my freshman year has seemingly and instantly vanished. I have six months until I will be a legal adult, and eight months until I will be living virtually independent from my family and community at one of eight universities in the eastern US. And let’s face the reality, and those of us in the US reading this can attest to this: college is expensive as hell. My family nor I simply do not have the financial resources to pay for my classes for the next 4+ years at university. For this upcoming semester and beyond, I need to focus my available time on things that will benefit my future in some capacity. I can guarantee you that there will be a lot of scholarships that I’ll be applying for in the coming months. As many of you know, my academic record alone puts thousands of dollars of free money almost within reach, but I need to spend the time and do the work to actually take the last steps in getting it. I also need to end my high school career strong, potentially look into earning a little bit of money for the skills I’ve developed over time, firmly establish the bonds I’ve created over the years, and somehow learn how to survive on my own, all within the next 4-8 months. Simply put, I no longer have the time available to dedicate to Neme. Despite no longer having the time, it’s doubtful that I’ll just pack up and entirely leave Neme and the Minecraft scene as a whole. This game, this server, and the people I’ve met along the way have made too large impacts on me for me to just walk away.

While everyone that has ever been on Neme has impacted me in some way, the following people (in no particular order) have significantly impacted my time on Neme:
    @Prae_
    @BabyPanda
    @PolarPlus
    @ToastedNuggets
    @SlackHQ
    @Rasturize
    @Myzzelf
    @Talcs
    @BigFatTurkey
    @LoriOnMonday
    @Grimlkin
    @200TNT
    @DrPump
    @NobleProductions
    @nedthefed
    @VanessaMoo
    @S4RG3
    @branny00
    @NinoTheDino
    @haeee
    @AlexiaFox
    @Goldonen
    @Nismo6921
    @Faithful1999
    @DatOneKiwi
    @Gaurav1234
    @NotOkay
    @Henaliest
    @YoloPhroYo
    @xXL0rd_PvPXx

Although I will be departing NemeGaming’s staff team by decade’s end, the lessons, memories, and experiences I’ve had while staff will never depart. The people I’ve met along the way will also not be departing any time soon, and I hope to remain in contact with many of you going forward. I hope to take the people I’ve met here well into the next decade with me.

While I've been staff, several times I've brought up the fact that when I first got staff on FuriousPvP in November 2016, I didn’t envision staying as staff for more than six months. Obviously, I’ve gone well past that, but today, the number ends at 37 consecutive months of staff. Although resignation was definitely not how I saw eventually ending that number, I firmly believe that I am doing so with my best personal interest in mind. That said, I genuinely want the best for the network and for all of you, even if I didn't list you above. My personal attention simply needs to be diverted into areas that will personally and directly affect me and my future going forward.

I hope that you have a very happy holiday season, and I hope to see you in the new year and next decade!
    ~Gavin [TheShortPerson]
    High School High Honors Student,
    Soon-to-be Eagle Scout,
    Prospective Undergraduate Meteorology Student,
    Possibly the biggest Chicago Cubs fan you’ll ever meet,
    Please stay in contact with me: [New] Public Discord Server | Snapchat | Twitter
    Previously:

Staff on FuriousPvP: from November 11, 2016, 6:37 p.m. CST to January 29, 2017, 10:27 p.m. CST
    Staff on NemeGaming: from January 30, 2017, 12:58 p.m. CST to December 27, 2019, 2:00 p.m. CST (2.91 years)
    NemeGaming Administrator, BART member, & ELI, Mentor, and Insight team leader

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Thank you for all what you did for neme
    I remember when you had moderator rank
    Time really does fly
    Good luck in high school

• Like Like x 1
  3. xXL0rd_PvPXx

xXL0rd_PvPXx
    Experienced

GG’s only

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrPump

DrPump
    Veteran

Thank you for being the best mentor and being an amazing person who was always there to listen. NemeGaming was very, very lucky to have you. I'd love to stay in touch <3

• Like Like x 1
  5. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Community Manager

Thank you for everything you have done for Neme! Thank you so much for being a great friend and continuing to be a great friend <3

• Like Like x 2
  6. voicechat

voicechat
    Veteran

even i had to come online to say goodbye. you’re probably one of the few staff members that i liked. take care man

• Like Like x 1
  7. YoloPhroYo

YoloPhroYo
    Experienced

I remember logging onto minigames for the first time and seeing that stupid cow skin you had; from there I made it my life’s goal to bother you as much as humanly possible simply because it was fun. Even though I don’t play anymore, it’s sad to see you leave the network and do big boy things especially after all the memories we’ve made (good, bad, and funny).

p.s. I forgive you for abusing on kits

p.p.s. you’re gonna do big things I can tell :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. coconutcandle

coconutcandle
    Experienced

Thanks for everything you’ve done!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rasturize

Rasturize VIP

Much love Gavin, it was a blast working with you and I wish you all the best, seriously <3

• Like Like x 2
  10. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

well then
    love u gavin

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xary

Xary
    Experienced

Thanks for everything and I wish you the best in all that what you will do in your future.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Best of luck Gavin. It was great working with you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. SidodiS

SidodiS
    Experienced

Good luck to you on your journey forward Gavin.
    Salutes o/

• Like Like x 1
  14. PapirusX

PapirusX
    Experienced

Btw decade ends 12.31.2020. :D

Great admin and great person after all, take care of you man, I wish you all the best <3

• Like Like x 1
  15. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

thank you gavin.
    hope to meet you in the future.

16. LoriOnMonday

LoriOnMonday
    Veteran

I feel attacked