There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Should we base Rule 2c Strictly for what it says?

Discussion in 'Network Discussions' started by Dankqe, Jul 12, 2018.

Should we base Rule 2c Strictly for what it says?

1. Sure

2. I Don't Agree

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dankqe

Dankqe
    Experienced

Recently me and a couple acquaintances of mine have been taken action on by this rule. This rule is a very touchy rule because of how poorly detailed it is stated in the rules. Rule 2c exactly says "Racism, Sexism,and Homophobia." Then again it says not limited to. I feel if you are going to make a rule that says that, you need to have strict boundaries for what "Toxicity" can mean. When you are saying it isn't limited to anything your saying that I could say "I am a republican" and still have that small possibility of getting banned. I have been asked to stop being toxic because I was saying I was annoyed on how there were so many Portuguese people in the game so I couldn't speak to anyone English. I was asked to stop being "Toxic," we should have these types of things stated in the rules if we are going to categorize these things Toxic. I've put a poll up to see what you guys think on this idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nedthefed

nedthefed Staff Member Upper Manager Staff Manager

We can't pre-define every situation, there's thousands of ways to be toxic - as long as you're not trying to cause shit, usually you won't be muted for toxicity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dankqe

Dankqe
    Experienced

I wasn't exactly "causing shit" I was just mainly stating my opinion on what I thought at the time and received a threat for mute?

4. nedthefed

nedthefed Staff Member Upper Manager Staff Manager

I haven't the slightest idea on what you said, but if you believe what you said wasn't toxic or provoking, feel free to file a staff report on whoever threatened you.

Regardless though, we can't predefine what exactly toxicity is, we have a rough definition but basically, as long as you're not outright attacking someone, or trying to provoke a situation, you're fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dankqe

Dankqe
    Experienced

Fair Enough.

6. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

These people don't come from DoTa and League they'll never understand true toxicity
    https://m.imgur.com/a/Tag79

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dankqe

Dankqe
    Experienced

This is the Nemegaming Network, not DoTa, welcome.

8. TheAnthMC

TheAnthMC
    Experienced

Being muted isn't such a terrible punishment which is what you receive to begin with for toxicity, so learn from your mistakes and I'm sure you won't go against rule 2c enough to get banned. It's impossible to clarify every scenario of toxicity.

• Like Like x 1