There are players on play.neme.gg

1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running for a limited time!

Get up to 75% off at store.neme.gg!

In Progress Feature Request - MCMMO Smelting Materials Functionality

Discussion in 'In Progress' started by Hxrl, May 29, 2019.

Should this feature be implemented

Poll closed Jun 12, 2019.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hxrl

Hxrl

Feature's title/name?
    MCMMO Smelting Materials Functionality

Where should this be implemented?
    Global

Describe the feature?
    Note: I have listed this as global because I have not played all the servers so I don't know which do and do not contain MCMMO. Just mind that this Suggestion obviously only applies to those that contain it.

MCMMO has a Child Skill called smelting. One of the 4 Passive Abilities of Smelting is Fuel Efficiency. This ability allows the player to smelt more items per unit fuel. For example, in Vanilla a player must use 1 coal to smelt 8 items. Someone with lvl 1000 Smelting can smelt 32 items with the same amount of fuel.

This ability is a good quality of life feature that isn't greatly powerful but allows the user to benefit from their progress in Mining and Repair in a simple way. The ability works fine on ores like Iron and Gold, but does not work on materials like Sand and Cobblestone.

The player-run wiki seems to indicate that it ought to work generally for smelting, but is not hard-set on the fact. The official wiki has literally no information on Smelting whatsoever, and other somewhat official sources have no indication either way. It doesn't work for materials across Neme, and having playtested on another server (which will go unnamed for obvious not getting banned for advertising or whatever reasons), it seems to not work this way elsewhere.

HOWEVER, I believe MCMMO has quite a thoroughly developed configuration system, in which the administrators normally have a lot of power over how the system works. As such, I do not believe it would be difficult to make this change.

TL;DR/clarification: make smelting passives work for materials not just ores

Why should we add this feature?
    Primarily, there is no reason not to include this feature. It is not overpowered, it doesn't ruin the gameplay, or have the potential to do anything else negative that I would be aware of. It does not have a downside.

From the benefits front, it's part of what MCMMO is all about in the first place. It is a means by which you can be rewarded by progressing on the server. This is no different, it rewards the player by making the creation of building materials considerably more convenient. As a Network, you clearly support being rewarded for progressing, otherwise MCMMO would not exist in the first place. It seems to suite.

It also feels like a feature that should've been there from a beginning. I asked myself when I realised it didn't work for materials "why would it not be made that way from the offset?". I still haven't been able to answer that question in my head, hence why I'm here writing this so I never have to.

-----------

As you can probably tell I'm not very active on the forums and haven't been here very long. I'll endeavour to check back here to answer any responses frequently. I originally spoke to an Sr. Mod about this when I was checking whether it was server wide whose name I have since forgotten. I believe it was something like Chrono or Chromo, but you'll have to forgive me for failing to remember it properly. They seemed to indicate it was a fine thing to suggest, so here I am. Thanks for taking the time to consider.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrPump

DrPump Staff Member Sr. Mod BART ELI

I really like this suggestion, good thinking

3. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

beefy

4. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

Good idea, should have existed from the start.

wHY the fuck this so long doe

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. NinoTheDino

NinoTheDino Staff Member Admin ISAAC BART ELI

Hey there,

Your suggestion will be reviewed and considered by our staff team. I will get back with more information at a later date regarding the progress. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to ask here and I will be happy to assist. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. NinoTheDino

NinoTheDino Staff Member Admin ISAAC BART ELI

Hi again,

After consideration from our staff team, we have decided to move forward with your suggestion. Your suggestion will be placed in a further positioning, but is still awaiting management approval. This does not mean that your suggestion will be implemented for sure, simply that it has passed through the first stage. We thank you for your patience, if you have any further questions feels free to ask here! :D

• Like Like x 1