There are players on play.neme.gg

1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running for a limited time!

Get up to 75% off at store.neme.gg!

In Progress Feature Request - Global Language Rule

Discussion in 'In Progress' started by TragicallyRaine, May 14, 2019.

Should this feature be implemented

Poll closed May 28, 2019.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TragicallyRaine

TragicallyRaine
    Veteran

Feature's title/name?
    Global Language Rule

Where should this be implemented?
    Global

Describe the feature?
    Basically as the title says. If you can get muted for speaking a language aside from English in global chat on any server, it should be on the rule list. As well as adding more language channels (Only Spanish and Global? On a popular server like Neme with a variety of different players who speak different languages??)

Why should we add this feature?
    Well I think it would be better, there wouldn't be any misunderstandings towards the rule about english only in global, and people would get less salty if they got warned or muted for speaking their first language in global chat since it isn't a rule in /rule.

2. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Admin ISAAC BART ELI SAM

For the first part of this suggestion, speaking other languages in global chat has not been against our rules for a few years now and the only time it is punishable is if a word is said against our rules in that language. Secondly I have forwarded the second suggestion to our staff team and will reply here once I have further information.

3. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

why should this ever be added? If you are annoyed by someone speaking a different language, ignore them? They’re attempting to communicate with someone else that speaks that same language.

4. TragicallyRaine

TragicallyRaine
    Veteran

Things like these make me wish there was a dislike button. I suggested that there also be more channels added aside from just global and spanish, because english and spanish aren't the only two languages on neme. There are multiple. Thats why it should be added. So from now forward fully read before you comment, thank you. And stay off my posts because you dislike me and wont have anything nice to say anyways :)

5. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

6. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

Bad suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  7. TragicallyRaine

TragicallyRaine
    Veteran

Lets not add more languages to channels lol makes sense
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2019 ---
    Hence the word *also*. Do I need to emphasise also any more? *ALSO*

8. TragicallyRaine

TragicallyRaine
    Veteran

Since nimrods like Avery dont understand. i misunderstood what bons was saying about the getting muted for being obnoxious with foreign languages in global. But the 2nd part of my suggestion (for you that cant read) was that there be more languages added to /channel. The only 2 on the /channel list are Global and Spanish when there are a variety of people from around the world who don't just speak English or Spanish
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2019 ---

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  9. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

hi honey! as an insight member, it is part of my job to leave my likes/dislikes out of considering things that the community suggests! If you saw my original reply as toxic, i’m happy to tell you that I in no way had no “toxic intentions” (as you perfect internet dweebs would call it) Id appreciate it if you didn’t insult me for doing nothing but criticizing your suggestion because of how ridiculous it sounds.

thank you!

10. TragicallyRaine

TragicallyRaine
    Veteran

I'll elaborate further. I didn't suggest that only English be allowed (thats obvious actually). I was confused by something bonsai said to me when I asked him if people were allowed to talk in global in other languages (to which he responded with they could get muted if it got spammy), which me not realizing it wasn't a rule; suggested that it should be added to the rule list. I now know it's not a rule (as branny said). The part thats being reviewed is adding more languages to /channel. Global and Spanish shouldn't be the only 2 because there are multiple people from multiple countries who speak languages other than Spanish.

ThAnKs!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  11. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

let’s add channels for some languages that probably won’t often be spoken (so they can be empty, the player can’t really communicate with others, and they leave! how epic is that!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Admin ISAAC BART ELI SAM

Woah guys lets chill out any further arguing will lead to a punishment.

After consideration from our staff team, we have decided to move forward with your suggestion. Your suggestion will be placed in a further positioning, but is still awaiting management approval. This does not mean that your suggestion will be implemented for sure, simply that it has passed through the first stage. We thank you for your patience, if you have any further questions feels free to ask here.