There are players on play.neme.gg

Drugwars Closure

Discussion in 'News' started by NobleProductions, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Owner

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, we come bearing some bad news. It is with deep regret that we are announcing the closure of Drugwars.

Primarily, as a server, it has never truly hit the kinds of player counts or popularity most of the other servers on the network have attained over the years. This extends far back to before even I worked here, and is not the result of anything else. Despite many attempts, we were never truly able to make Drugwars into the kind of server that attracted and kept a lot of people playing compared to any of our other servers over the years, which led to it never getting the treatment kind of attention it should have had.

While this is a low point, this decision isn't without reason. We have something planned for after the closure which should be a positive for the network, but we're not quite ready yet to talk about it.

Anybody that has purchased anything on the server will be able to request a voucher for the equivalent amount that they spent on the server, which can be used on any of our servers on the network until it reaches a total balance of $0. Support requests will be accepted only after the server has closed, and no earlier. Any requests submitted before then will be denied.

You may submit a purchase support request here.

Drugwars will be closing Monday, February 3rd.
    ~ NemeGaming Management ~
    Discord | Twitter

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Tatiitoo

Tatiitoo
    Experienced

I am also sad to see a long time gamemode go, but excited for what's coming.
    I might be as bold as to suggest a new "gamemode" such as Lucky block mazes or some sort of minigame that has murder mystery etc. If plots are necessary, including a currency to buy plot supplies could also be a side activity.
    Honestly I am seeing so many changes Neme has gone through and am quite impressed. Keep it up ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BlackPointStar

BlackPointStar
    Experienced

Rip drugwars first server I played on the neme network , and the only server I kept going back to , it's been several years since I first joined neme network but this marks the end of my journey on neme , I made great friends , great memories and overall had an amazing time.

Thanks neme

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. X_Pegasus

X_Pegasus
    Experienced

As a very long time Dw player its really sad to see that it is going to be closing. It is most disappointing to read that "Despite many attempts, we were never truly able to make Drugwars into the kind of server that attracted and kept a lot of people playing compared to any of our other servers over the years" because it never felt like any effort was ever being made to fix anything and it really felt like the active player base was putting more effort into ideas to make the server better despite the lack of any care from management.

For a more positive note, I would like to truly thank everyone for the last 4-5 years on the server for all the fun times and memories specifically I'd personally like to thank, Blackpointstar, PrincessAaron, Geordie, Noxtol, Luckycharmsmc, Misswish, Jrod, Mlite16, Fluffypineapple and a very special thanks to Nevoxi for gifting me Masterdonor back in the day.

The closure of drugwars will mark the end of my time here on neme and I would once again like to thank everyone for all the memories and fun times.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TaylorAtTheDisco

TaylorAtTheDisco
    Experienced

Drug wars was the first server that introduced me to Neme, It connected me to some of the best people I know today and created some wonderful friendships. Im sad to see it go. As others above have requested to continue the server as their own, I would happily support them if that were to happen. Id hate to see it completely disappear.

Thank you to the friends I have because of DW and thank you for the memories that came with playing the server. Im going to miss the server greatly. Sending love to all the people I met during the 4 years I played <3

6. Zvcc

Zvcc
    Veteran

I’ve been playing Drugwars since late 2013 but stopped because of how poorly it was maintained over the past year or two. Super sad to see you give up on a one of nemes longest running servers.
    “Many attempts” you tried once or twice by putting out the same reset with literally no new features And waited a year between resets, what do you expect to happen?
    Drugwars used to have a huge player base and was quite successful due to the effort that was actually made to keep it alive and thriving so I have no clue why you’re saying it “has never truly hit the kinds of player counts or popularity most of the other servers on the network have attained over the years” because that’s a straight lie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

haha how shocking.

While I often threw the line “close drugwars!!” out, never did i expect it to actually happen. I met some of the coolest people on that server too.

Damn straight it is.

As an insight member, both times, i constantly asked management to focus more on drugwars and make changes that i knew would help boost its popularity. Did they listen? ha! No. Management put zero effort into drugwars. as everyone knows.

oh, i’m sorry

they put a clown head in a “sewer”

very big update!

such disappointing news.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.